Monday, June 27, 2011

Cookies

My kids have never had a cookie.  Is that weird to you or are you like me?  I have finally allowed a bit of ice cream.  Apple still needs a lot of fattening up yet I would rather do it the "healthy" way with avocados and lots of milk!
Last night I decided that it was time for them to have a cookie so I thought we would start with homemade at least and do an oatmeal raisin.  A little healthy right?!  They have not had candy or chocolate and I am no where near ready to try that yet but oatmeal I can handle.
Half-way through baking I felt my anxiety rising and rising and realized I am just not ready for them to have cookies yet.  They don't know what they are missing and don't I want to keep it that way as long as I can?!
As I quietly told my husband, he was previously excited to hear I was "finally" going to let them eat cookies, I felt so much better and made the rest of the cookies for his work.
I know Apple needs to fatten up but don't I want to continue with healthier ways while I can before they can make more of their own decisions?
I feel good about my decision.  After talking with Kev for awhile, he understands as well.....for now.

No comments: